Happy Birthday Friend - Using up Scrap Paper

Hope your weekend was lovely! 
Cleaning my studio over the weekend, I realized that I tend to pile up scrap paper a lot - especially when I am testing out new color mediums...Such as my new lovely markers from Zig. So I finally decided yesterday to clean up my stash and use the colored bits.


And I am happy to say that almost all of the elements made it onto this card. The wreath, sentiment, cupcake and heart were all die-cut from scrap paper. I used PTI dies for all the cutting, including Heart Cover Plate, Rustic Wreath, Wonderful Words: Friend, and Tiny Tags. I also cut up other elements (like alphabets) to keep around for future use. This way I can toss the pre-cut bits in my tote to take on the road when I feel like creating on the go. 
Love feeling so productive, yay! 


I stamped + embossed the cupcake over the scrap watercolor paper, and fussy cut it. I added a bit more color after the fact too, which is super easy to do and yet another reason I love, love these markers! For the candle, I used a a polka dot paper straw - another little bit that was just laying around. 


Just below, I added two scrap pieces of washi tape and a bit of string to hold the tag in place. The heart garland is from this Papertrey Ink stamp set and die, stamped in Hibiscus Burst ink
Such a great feeling clearing out the scrap stash and an even better one creating something fun with it! 

Thanks for visiting + have a great day everyone, 

Ivana


No comments

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!